IGNOU Regional Centre
Bikash Bhavan, 4th Floor, North Block, Salt Lake, Kolkata -91
18th March, 2013
Subject: 26th Convocation on 12th April, 2013
At the outset, on behalf of IGNOU Regional Centre, Kolkata, I congratulate you being an awardees at the XXVI Convocation of our University. You are eligible to receive your final Certificate during 26th Convocation of the University as per information received from Student Evaluation Division, IGNOU HQs, New Delhi.
We have the pleasure in informing you that the main function of the 26th Convocation will be held at 12:00 noon on Friday, the 12th April, 2013 at Sanchar Kendra, IGNOU Campus, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068. The Convocation will simultaneously be held through teleconferencing mode at our Regional Centere on the same date. You are requested to attend at the venue of the Convocation of Regional Centre, Kolkata, i.e. Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre (EZCC), Bharatiyam Cultural Multiplex, IB-201, Sector III, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 106
In case, you are interested to receive your degree in person, please follow the instructions given below:
1. Please ensure that you have paid the fees for Rs.400/- towards obtaining the certificate. In case you have not paid, please bring a demand draft of Rs. 400/- favouring ‘IGNOU’ payable at ‘Kolkata’.
2. Please bring your Identity Card issued by IGNOU Regional Centre, Kolkata
3. Please bring a sum of Rs 215/- (Rupees Two hundred and Fifteen Only) towards the security deposit and rent of the scarf. An amount of Rs 200/- shall be refunded on return of the scarf.
4. Please collect the scarf and your Degree/Certificate between 01.30 p.m. and 04.30 p.m. on 12th April, 2013 at the venue of the Convocation. Please ensure that you collect the above materials in stipulated time only. No request of otherwise will be entertained after expiry of time.
5. Please attend the programme at the venue of the Convocation after collecting your Diploma/Degree and scarf from the venue.
Since the seating arrangement has been made for a limited capacity, we will not be in a position to accommodate your guest(s). CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED.
For security reasons no briefcase, hand-bag, camera, mobile phone etc. will be permitted at the venue of the Convocation. Mobile Phone is to be kept in silence mode at the venue.
We look forward to the pleasure of meeting you on 12th April, 2013.
(Dr. K. S. Chakraborty)
PS: In case you have lost your Identity Card, please get an FIR registered with Police Station and come with a Demand Draft of Rs.100/- favouring ‘IGNOU’ payable at ‘Kolkata’ to enable us to issue a duplicate one on or before March 30, 2013. Entry to the Convocation Hall, issuance of Degree/Diploma and Scarf will be strictly on the basis of Student Identity Card.